Well the answer is yes, yes it does! The result, as it turned out, tasted amazing!! Vanilla and malt and chocolate, and this is seriously the easiest, laziest, cheat’s recipe for malteser cupcakes ever AND they are delicious!
I used a packet vanilla sponge cake and a ready-made canister of vanilla icing, but you could easily substitute these for your own actual recipes if you’re not feeling lazy.
1 packet vanilla sponge cake mix
About 1/4 cup milk (judge it by how runny the mix is)
1/4 cup malteser hot chocolate mix
1 canister vanilla icing
Maltesers and milo for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and put cupcake cases in a muffin tray.
2. Mix together the cake mix, malteser hot chocolate, eggs and milk until a runny consistency.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cases. I tried putting a malteser into the middle of each cupcake thinking they would go nice and smooshy, and some of them did, but some also ended up quite hard so I would leave this to your judgement.
4. Bake in the oven about 20 minutes each.
5. When cool use the canister to ice them, dust a little milo over the top and add a malteser!
They really are incredibly easy and the combination of vanilla, malt and chocolate is just divine! Hope you enjoy them 🙂
Christmas edit: I made these again a while later, only I decorated them differently for Christmas! They are very versatile 😉